Tuesday 4 November 2014

Quarter IronMaori

On Saturday my husband Derek, my son Layton and I participated in the Quarter IronMaori....and it was Mean Maori Mean!!! Derek swam 1km around Pandora pond, Layton cycled 45kms and I ran/walk/ran/but mostly walked 10.5km. We came 212 out of 379 teams. Not bad considering we did not train. I don't recommend that, though!
What I really enjoyed was the supportive atmosphere that surrounded the whole event. Young ones and older ones in all the events were encouraging one another to keep going, and congratulating one another.
A big thank you and admiration to Heather Skipworth and Te Timatanga Ararau Trust for hosting and perfecting this awesome event in the Bay every year. Kia kaha, kia manawa!

Before                                    and            After...still smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment